|April 23rd, 2018|
Field Day is just around the corner! We are excited to reach out and share with you our plans for this annual HDS event. Field Day for grades 1 – 5 is scheduled for Friday, May 4th from 9:00am – 12:00pm at Ambuc Field. In keeping with tradition, students must check in at HDS that morning, and be signed out by parents at the conclusion of the event. Our Field Day Committee has been working hard to plan a fun day for everyone, and we are pleased to share the following updates:
- The theme for this year’s Field Day is: Super Heroes.
- To promote larger school unity, there will be a Green, White, and Gold team with a class from each grade level represented on each team.
- Class T-shirts will be the color of the “team” to which each homeroom is assigned, but be unique with their homeroom’s name.
- Each event will include competitors from the Green, Gold, and White teams.
- Point values from first, second, and third place finishes will contribute to the team totals, for an overall Green, Gold, or White team win!
To kick off the team spirit, we will have a Pep Rally on Thursday, May 3rd at 2:30pm. The Pep Rally will feature a banner parade, and a few “Minute to win it” games with our HDS teachers.
Parents are encouraged to maintain the traditions of tent decorating and providing snacks. Please reach out to your child’s teacher if you’re available to help support the class this day with refreshments or an extra pair of hands!
Thank you for your support of this exciting annual event!