Do you pay Georgia State taxes?
If you pay state taxes in Georgia, did you know you can redirect a portion to your favorite independent school of your choice… Go Eagles!
Hancock partners with Apogee Scholarship Fund to administer this opportunity for students who are entering private schools from public school or entering grades Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grade and who are academically and financially eligible.
Last year, the $58 million cap was met in record time!
A new $100 million will become available again on January 1, 2019. As we expect the 2019 tax credit cap to again be met on the first business day of the year, we strongly recommend early participation. Apogee will begin accepting early applications on August 1, 2018.
Steps to Participate:
Visit www.apogeebase.com/donate and click “New Donor” or
Maximum Redirection Amounts by Filing Methods
- Individuals can redirect up to $1,000 of their GA tax liability.
- Couples filing jointly can redirect up to $2,500 of their GA tax liability.
- Married couples filing separately can redirect up to $1,250 of their GA tax liability.
- C-Corporation and Trusts that pay Georgia taxes can designate up to 75% of their GA tax liability.
- S-Corp/LLC/Partnerships, shareholders of S-Corps, members of LLCs or partners of Partnerships can redirect up to $10,000.
Upon receipt of your form (either paperless or printed), Apogee will submit your form to the Georgia Department of Revenue. Apogee will notify you by email when your tax credit application is approved. In order to finalize your participation, Apogee must receive your payment within 60 days of the state’s approval either by mail to the Apogee address below or online at www.apogee123.org/payments. Checks should be made payable to Apogee Scholarship Fund.
Your participation in the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program is not considered a donation to Hancock Day School but rather a redirection of your tax liability already owed to the state of Georgia.