The curriculum of Hancock Day School emphasizes a “back-to-basics” approach delivered with modern methodology. It challenges all students to become critical thinkers and effective communicators, while developing strong citizenship and character. Hancock Day School has a reputable and distinguished faculty and staff that have earned recognition for their ability to educate and stimulate young minds and help our children advance to their fullest potential. The comprehensive curriculum offered at our private, independent school is consistently being assessed to assure that students are prepared for the next step in their education.
A Back-to-Basics Curriculum
- Strong phonics approach to reading
- Enriched reading comprehension program
- Creative writing skills taught at all levels
- Grammatical approach in English
- Challenging math program
- Hands-on science and social studies exploration